Monday, February 25, 2013

Worst Dressed

I know, I know, there have already been so many who have hated on Anne Hathaway's dress that it seems like I shouldn't go there, but how can I not?

She was one of the winners last night that was pretty much a lock down guarantee, so really to do this to yourself is just bad. For the rest of her career, clips of this night will always be shown, and those clips will always show a shitty pale pink prom dress made out of a material that emphasized the dart pleats on the bust of the dress which made her look like she was wearing god damned pasties.


And I know that it was apparently a last minute switch up (from Valentino) to this Prada monstrosity, but after a 3 month Awards campaign, you'd think you'd have a few safe back up dresses planned for the number one big night, right?

And that "precious"Tiffany necklace she wore backwards? Again, awful. I just don't understand how such a beautiful woman who normally dresses so well could do this poorly on arguably the most important night of her career. And also, how could her publicist and/or assistant and/or husband look at her in that dress before the ceremony and give the a-okay.

Bleh. What she wore to the Vanity Fair after-party, albeit pretty boring, was better than her Oscar dress. She should have just gone with that the whole time. Or even the dress she wore for the Les Mis number. I just can't get over this...

 
Okay...moving on to Worst Dressed (that didn't surprise me)...Mrs. Affleck. God she has terrible style. Why can't someone just get her a damn stylist?

From straight on, it isn't horrible, but from the side and the back? LORD. Also, did anyone see her shoes? WHY? WHY? (See shoe below) There is nothing worse than a satine platform prom heel in the exact same colour as your magenta gown! How is this shit Gucci?
Does anyone else think she looks like she is shitting purple ruffles? Not a good look Or that this wasn't very figure flattering? From the side, she looked pregnant. (I apologize if it turns out she is pregnant with #4)

There were definitely other fashion offenders, but I thought these two, considering how high profile they were at the show, were the worst...What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Renee Zellwegger. I mean,maybe her gown was ok but it was hard to see because her face needed major...I dont even know what to call it.

    ReplyDelete