Monday, February 25, 2013

OMG OMG I'm too excited to recap

Ahhhhhhhh!

I'm so sad my favourite night of the year is over! But I had a great time at the Bloor cinema, and won a prize and yelled out at someone to go fuck themselves!

I think I'm too overwhelmed to start my re-cap tonight, so I will save it for tomorrow morning when I can properly dissect everything that happened.

But, to give a few initial thoughts...

Best dressed goes to: Halle Berry and Stacy Keibler with honourable mentions to J Law, Jessica Chastain, Sally Field, and Naomi Watts.

Worst dressed: Jennifer Garner and Anne Hathaway. MAJOR FAIL.

Worst speech of the night: Anne Hathaway
Best speech of the night: Daniel Day Lewis

My most favourite win of the night: Ang Lee for Life of Pi which is in my opinion, the best film of the year! Each time they mentioned Life of Pi, I burst into tears! I cannot handle how beautiful and touching that movie was!

Most upsetting: that I only got 15 categories correct out of 24! By far the worst I've ever done on an Oscar pool (I'm sorry Andrea for leading you astray!!)

Some favourite moments:
-The family Von Trapp faux intro for Christopher Plummer
-everytime the little girl from Beasts of the Southern Wild was on screen
-the Kardashian joke Seth MacFarlane made
-Affleck thanking Canada

Worst moments:
-Seth McFarlane's women and gay jokes
-Catherine Zeta Zone's lip-sync
-the Jaws music playing people off
-anything involving KStew or Jack Nicholson

I thought Seth McFarlane did a pretty good job--he definitely exceeded my expectations which is great!

Okay, I need some time to reflect...until tomorrow!

What were your fave/least fave moments?


No comments:

Post a Comment