Sunday, February 24, 2013

My favourite day of the year!


Can you even believe it? It is Oscar Sunday (aka my superbowl, Christmas, birthday all wrapped into one glorious day!)

I like to think about where I was watching the Oscars the past few years...

Last year, I hosted a soireƩ at my brothers house, red carpet and all:
              



















The year before, I was in New Zealand, where I bullied a restaurant owner in Auckland to let me sit there all day and watch the awards with control over the remote:
The year before, was back in Toronto, another Oscar soireƩ at my place in Roncesvalles, and everyone was required to pick a nominee cupcake to adopt!
And the year before (though I watched the Oscars in Ottawa) was my triumphant debut as a seat filler during Awards season at the Critics Choice Awards in LA. I hobnobbed with the Brange, stole one of their place cards, and snuck into a press photo with Ange and Anne. No big deal.

          

I will attempt to live-blog tonight from the Bloor cinema where I will be watching on the big screen with 700 other people! My brothers have already pre-warned me to calm down if people talk during the awards which I am choosing to believe will not happen b/c if it does, there's gonna be a throw-down.

I may not do a full live blog b/c:
1. I may get too involved in watching
2. I may get into a fight with people and have to be removed from the theatre
3. I may drink too much red wine and not be able to form interesting observations
4. all of the above!

But, don't you worry, the other A Mrk and I will be doing a full re-cap tomorrow!

So in honour of tonight, check out one of the best moments from over the years:


What are your fave moments from years past?

No comments:

Post a Comment