Monday, March 3, 2014

Red carpet Disappointments and Disasters

Can we first off salute the most glorious disaster of the night, Ms. Liza? I'm obsessed.
 Like look at this shit. Amazing. She's a legend.

Now on to the disappointments and disasters that don't make me outrageously happy (to be fair, I think there were very few disasters on the carpet, but there were so many boring and disappointing dresses).

Case in point: Sandy (in Alexander McQueen) and Amy (in Gucci) in boring-ass blue strapless gowns! Almost identical. So disappointing. They prob both knew they had no chance of winning, but still, step up your game a bit. There is nothing interesting about these looks. And I don't like either of their hair (though Amy said she wore it up b/c it might rain, so fair enough). Sandy's highlights aren't doing it for me.


Another HUGE disappointment was Kerry Washington who normally KILLS IT on the red carpet. I mean, do you remember that gorgeous coral Miu Miu dress she wore last year? And the bejewelled Prada crop top she wore to the SAGs this year with her baby bump? Amazing. So, this drab Jason Wu dress that looked wrinkled at the bottom just wasn't cutting it for me when I know how incredible her style normally is. I also think her makeup was off. She didn't need that dark lip. It was too much.

Kerry in better clothes:
 

Anna Kendrick was a bad offender tonight. This J Mendel dress is just awful in every way.

I know I should give Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky a pass b/c she is trés pregnant, but who told her this looked okay? Honestly, how does this look get passed a stylist/publicist/handler without being changed. There are lots of great ways to do pregnant on the red carpet. This is not one of them.


I choose not to discuss how terrible Lady Gaga's outfit was, because, why was she there?

Everything else I found to be just okay, and not really worth discussing (see: Jennifer Lawrence, and most people that wore black).

Who did you think were fashion misses?

No comments:

Post a Comment