Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Red Carpet: Disappointments and DISASTERS

My list of Disappointments were way more surprising, as in the past these women have owned the red carpet, so what the fuck happened?

I hate to say it, but the biggest disappoint of the night for me was Julianne Moore. I'm pretty sure my friend Heidi put money on Julianne Moore wearing green, which I thought was a safe bet.






So crestfallen over that one, as I love good old J. Moore, was so happy she was going to win the gold, and was looking forward to seeing her fashion steeze, as all season leading up to the Oscars, it's been great (loved her short embellished gold look at the Independent Spirit Awards!) But this white Chanel dress, with what I think look like sushi roll embellishments, was just a major bummer. I also found it pretty surprising that she wasn't dressed by her usual red-carpet go-to designer, Tom Ford (who also directed her in 2009's A Single Man) and who is partly responsible for some of her best looks (see red dress below). Looking at the pictures from Vanity Fair's After Party though, I don't think Tom held it against her.





Next disappointment was the once fashion forward, and now fashion standstill Kerry Washington. Does she have a new stylist or something, b/c if she does, she should fire them. I still think about the coral Miu Miu dress she wore to the Oscars in 2013, but this is the second year in a row that the look has been not good at the Oscars. The skirt isn't so awful, but the strapless peplum top really looks like upholstery fabric. After a google, I just realized that this years look was also Miu Miu. BIZARRO!

Not the biggest fan of the sofa fabric!
Kerry in a better Miu Miu look!






Another big disappointment was Zoe Saldana, who has famously discussed the power fashion and stylists have on a press tour for a film, and thus the film's success:


Saldana looked like she was wearing something you'd wear to a ballet class, if it were turned into a gown.

And now, the DISASTERS!

First up, every famous person's favourite friend, G.P. And I say, good God Goop, where in Pepto-Bismol vagina flower hell did this thing come from? I can't with this.

I'm sure others will be able to snark on it better, but this dress is bad. It's the practically the same colour as the Calvin Klein princess ball gown she wore when she won her Oscar in 1998, and I hate the one shouldered flower-shoulder extravaganza. It's also disappointing b/c we all know that G has the ability to throw down on the Red carpet. I mean her white Tom Ford caped gown she wore in 2013 is one of the best red carpet looks I've ever seen. So good.




Worse than G though was Nicole Kidman, who looked like she her dress was made from the skins of one thousand goldfish (or from a couple tubes of remainder Christmas wrapping paper you buy at the Dollar store). The out of place red belt didn't help things either. Also frustrating b/c of some of Nicole's fantastic previous Oscar looks i.e. the John Galliano mentioned in the previous post, as well as the red Balenciaga dress she wore in 2007, another one of my favourite looks of all time. On another note, why did she and Keith Urban get to sit in the front row?
In better fashion times
Goldfish dress?
And now, for perhaps my most loathed look, the one and only Jared Leto, or as TLo at one of my fave blogs like to call him, Pixie Jesus.


Pixie Jesus indeed. Although I should mention that he and I have the exact same hair cut and colour.

And just because I really need to include her somewhere, an honourable mention goes to Shirley Maclaine's glitterati jump suit!

Did I miss anything? What were your least fave looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment